Designation: Regional Demand Creation Officers (2 Posts)
Report to: Field Operations Manager
Location: Mara and Simiyu Regions
Start Date: October 2021
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
Tanzania Communication and Development Center (TCDC) is a non-government organization established in 2013 with the registration number 00NG0/00006483. TCDC’s vision is creating empowered households and communities that are happy and healthy and our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of households and communities by equipping them with the skills, tools and mindset needed to live happy and healthy lives.
TCDC implements community mobilization at scale and provides support in designing evidence-based SBCC campaigns and activities. TCDC’s approach is effective by deploying “external interventions’ such as media, as well as “community initiated” interventions like mid-media and community level actions through community based organizations (CBOs), village health workers and volunteers.
TCDC is a partner to Amref in “Afya Kamilifu” Project and oversees Social Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) and community mobilization. With this, TCDC therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic, and quali ed Demand Creation Of cer to ll in the following roles:
2. PRIMARY OBJECTIVE:
To provide overall coordination and technical support in the development, design and implementation tailor-made and focused social and behavior change strategies targeted at expanding uptake of Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) among older men and high-risk men for impactful performance on HIV epidemic control. S/he is responsible for leadership in development SBCC materials including training tools and job aides, promotion of human centered design (HCD) approaches and innovations on core behavioral interventions to scale up VMMC uptake and improve outcomes among the targeted populations. The SBCC Coordinator serves as the focal point with stakeholders including at community level for SMART advocacy and communication in VMMC social and behavior change package addressing barriers and unique needs of targeted populations. S/he ensures quality and consistent evidence-based approaches are implemented, monitored and reported for overall attainment of key deliverables in VMMC programing
3. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate designing, and implementation of SBCC Communication strategies that will increase uptake of VMMC services
- Collaborate with VMMC project team to ensure integration of human centered design within Amref VMMC portfolio
- Coordinate production and dissemination of SBCC materials needed for increased uptake of services.
- Design innovative approaches on core behavioral interventions to scale up VMMC uptake and improve outcomes among the targeted populations
- Work with VMMC Of cers to access adequate and timely on-the-job training and on-going technical assistance to ensure to Peer Educators, Voluntary Community Mobilizers and partners/CSOs so that they are able to perform demand creation effectively to achieve relevant objectives and targets.
- Contribute to development of training curriculum and course outlines, planning logistics of trainings and facilitating training sessions and on-the-job trainings of PEs, Volunteer Community Mobilizers and other community based cadres that are involved in VMMC demand creation.
- Work collaboratively with Regions and councils demand creation leads, PEs, Volunteer Community Mobilizers, CSOs and other community networks to develop sustainable demand creation and advocacy strategies and local capacity for sustainability linked to VMMC static sites.
- Support the Project Demand Creation and Advocacy teams to design, plan, execute and evaluate sustainable demand creation and advocacy initiatives focused on uptake of VMMC services led by PEs, Volunteer Community Mobilizers and existing self-sustaining local agencies.
- Conduct regular supportive supervisions of PEs, Volunteer Community Mobilzers, to ensure compliance and monitor progress towards meeting objectives working closely with VMMC Of cers of respective regions.
- Prepare a monthly report of key issues on the PEs, Volunteer Community Mobilizers (VCM) program and in consultation with VMMC Of cers/regional/council demand creation focal persons suggest concrete actions to improve the demand creation program in the subsequent month.
- Contribute to the annual work plan and other reprogramming initiatives in the course of the year by identifying new demand creation initiatives suited to existing local resources and recommend community strategies for program expansion and sustainability.
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with VMMC health providers, sub-district Local Government Authority of cials, other relevant local agencies that PEs and Volunteer Community Mobilizers work with and in uential persons in catchment areas.
- Attend select stakeholders meetings as a representative of AMREF and TCDC to advocate for and provide technical assistance for sustainable demand creation activities.
- Support program implementation of VMMC in other regions, as required.
- Link in with other TCDC programs operating in respective region to ensure the full strength of TCDC contribution in the region is well represented.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Degree quali cation in social science-related studies, communication, community development, Public health education and Behavioral Change Communication or other related elds.
- Proven experience in implementing Social behavioral change communication projects or demand creation interventions particularly in HIV prevention. Experience with VMMC human centered design approaches would be an advantage.
- Proven experience in implementing at least two health projects that includes a strong behavior change communication component or demand creation interventions, including supervision of peer educators, community resource peoples and implementing partners.
- Track record of building strong client and stakeholder relationships. Experience working with Local Government and maintaining good relations with Local Government at district and sub-district levels.
- Experience with capacity building of Local Government teams to sustain programs would be an advantage.
- Strong project management experience and nancial/budget analysis skills. • Personnel management experience is required (i.e. Motivation, self Management and adaptability)
- Three years (3) experience in management, program planning and multi-cultural and remote personnel management experience
- Ability to become a thought leader in the eld.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills a must
- Ability to develop well-written, cohesive analyses and reports
- Ability to identify and understand issues and opportunities, compare data from different sources to draw conclusions, use effective approaches for developing appropriate solutions, take action that is consistent with available facts and probable consequences, communicate with and seek guidance from regional program management team
- Ability to generate innovative solutions in work situations
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required
- Willingness to be based in the mentioned regions and to travel to remote rural locations.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please send your application letter and CV to the below email address no later than Tuesday, October 19th, 2021.17:00hrs .Please clearly indicate the speci c region you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
- Email Address: [email protected]
- Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted.
- TCDC is an Equal Opportunity, Af rmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all quali ed applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political af liation in any employment decisions.
- Any attempt or communications to TCDC Management or staff through phone calls, sms, text, emails and other means will automatically be disquali ed from this opportunity. All communications should be automatically be disquali ed from this opportunity. Communications should be channeled to the provided of cial correspondence email above
Please note that:
Any supporting documents are to be provided by applicants only upon request by the selection panel.
Tanzania Communication and Development Center (TCDC)
Mikocheni B-Plot No 22, House No MKC/MCB/993 Mbuni Street P.O. Box 105170
Join Our Telegram Group for Daily Job Updates CLICK HERE