Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of Tanzania and world at large. The priorities include: HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH), Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; as academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, communitybased and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH (Sub recipient) in collaboration with Deloitte Consulting Limited (Prime) through USAID Boresha Afya – Southern Zone Program seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill the following vacancies which will require significant field work and travel up to 80% of the time.
MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH INTERN – 2 posts
Location: DAR ES SALAAM
Reports to: REGIONAL MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH MANAGER.
MDH is seeking for two interns to support the Maternal and Child Health unit
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the MCH unit in the implementation key initiatives to address key program, donor and national priorities including Early Infant Diagnosis (EID)index testing, male involvement, and accelerating children’s treatment (ACT) – in line with national guidelines, and Paediatric HIV care
- To support the MCH team in addressing capacity building needs in the provision of PMTCT & paediatric services through , mentorship, on-job training, CQI and other approaches in collaboration with DACC, DRCHCo and RCH-In charges
- To support MCH unit organizing, planning and conducting trainings, meetings, supportive supervision and mentorships
- To support mentors, HCP to compile comprehensive reports in DHIS, CTC and other government reporting tools.
- To support timely collection and submission of PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART and RMNCH data – as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E team
- To support the RMCH Manager, and officer in writing technical program documents including, reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents
- To support district and regional MCHOs on all PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART and RMNCH issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the RMCH Manager.
Requirements. Education, work experience and skills
- Degree or Advanced diploma in medicine, nursing or related field with relevant national registration
- Experience working in public health programs/ services
- At least 1 years of experience in, implementation, management and M&E of PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART, RMNCH or related clinical and public health programs and services
- Able to write reports, best practices and lessons learned
- Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. MDH don’t have any agents and don’t charge any fees to the interested candidates.
Applications should be submitted by 11th November, 2019, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail [email protected] or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office in Mikocheni, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted