Finance, Administrative and Operations Manager
Afya Plus is a local Non-Governmental Organization registered under NGOs Act no.24 of 2002 in Tanzania. Afya Plus is an affiliate of IntraHealth International Inc, a not-for-profit organization headquartered in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA, with more than 40 years of experience in over 100 countries in health systems strengthening and service delivery. As a local affiliate, Afya Plus brings a deep understanding of the country context and offers a route towards local self-reliance, working to be a key partner of the Government of Tanzania (GoT). Afya Plus envisions a community with quality health care services for everyone, achieved by strengthening the quality and accessibility of Tanzania’s health care system, working in partnership with the GoT, civil society organizations, for-profit firms and other key stakeholders to support improved service delivery outcomes in the country. Afya Plus is in the Tohara Plus project consortium led by IntraHealth International that supports the GoT to stregthen and accelerate the scale-up of Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) for HIV prevention for maximum public health impact with funding support from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Afya Plus is soliciting applications from excellent candidates to fill the following two Management Positions based in Dar-Es-Salaam, Tanzania.
FINANCE, ADMINISTRATIVE AND OPERATIONS MANAGER
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
The Finance, Administrative and Operations Manager (FAOM) will provide leadership, oversight and responsibility for the effective management of the Financial, Human Resource, Administrative, Procurement and Logistical functions of Afya Plus activities. S/he will provide overall Financial, HR and Operations direction ensuring that Afya Plus operates effectively and efficiently in accordance with its mission, strategic objectives and program approaches as well as in compliance with the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT’s) legal and regulatory requirements and organization’s donors’ rules and regulations. The FAOM will provide timely financial analysis and reports for regular monitoring, strategic processes and presentations to the Afya Plus Board of Directors (BoD) and donors/funders. The FAOM reports to the Executive Director.
- Establish and maintain the proper control environment as outlined in Afya Plus’s policies and procedures.
- Developing effective policies to guide processes and implementation in line with donor and organizational regulation and ensure that these are effective and operational at all times and adhered to.
- Contribute towards ensuring that HR, Operational and Finance policies/manuals are up to date with legislative requirements.
- Ensure accurate financial forecasts and secure adequate and timely financing for activities and procurements.
- Ensure that financial management systems provide accurate, current and complete disclosure of financial transactions, aligned with Afya Plus’s policies and procedures.
- Monitor proper management of cash flow and review monthly financial statements and bank reconciliation statements for Afya Plus bank accounts.
- Design and implement sound internal control systems to safeguard assets, financial records and documents of the organization.
- Lead development of budgets, spending projections, cost analysis, and pricing as needed by current procurements and new business requirements ensuring completeness, accuracy and consistency of the budget with the workplan.
- Monitor projects’ spending against budgets and projections, ensure compliance with donor agreements.
- Ensure effective development of monthly projections and cash advance forecasts.
- Oversee preparation of high quality monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual financial reports and expenditure analysis reporting.
- Oversee and support HR and administration systems to ensure accurate, current and complete policies and procedures pertaining to human resource management.
- Provide oversight for timely, quality, and compliant execution of administrative, procurement and logistical functions to ensure alignment with donor/funder and Afya Plus procurement procedures and guidelines.
- Oversee both routine and non-routine procurement, which includes but is not limited to reviewing the solicitation and analysis of bids and approval of the selected vendor and the requisite purchasing instruments.
- Oversee implementation of IT policies and procedures; ensure that necessary IT services, systems and tools are in place to support day to day program operations, and that staff have the capacity to benefit from these.
- Keep abreast of relevant GoT and donor/funder changes and developments in FAO/HR areas and ensure these are disseminated to all relevant Afya Plus staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Purchasing and Supplies, or other relevant field.
- Professional qualification in CPA or ACCA is required.
- Demonstrated experience in Human Resources management.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial, accounting management of international projects, preferably with experience in the fiscal management of CDC, USAID or PEPFAR-funded projects.
- Proven experience and knowledge of accounting procedures, generally accepted accounting practices and financial reporting.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting & finance, as well as applicable laws, regulations and general instructions.
- Familiarity with CDC and USAID compliance regulations.
- Strong experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets.
- Integrated knowledge and understanding of human resources, finance and contractual related concepts, practices, systems, and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant Tanzanian and US government financial regulations and labor laws.
- Demonstrated ability to set up and maintain accounting and financial management systems and ability to build and review budgets.
- Demonstrated skills in efficiently and effectively developing and managing subgrants to local recipients, including financial and technical oversight, and capacity building in financial and administrative areas.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English and Swahili.
- Ability to manage teams, initiate and organize work, establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- In-depth knowledge in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel and accounting software. Experience with QuickBooks Pro multi-currency preferred.
- Tanzanian citizenship is required.
Application letter with detailed CV, indicating daytime contact telephone numbers and email address, as well as names and contact information of three referees should be submitted to the following email address: [email protected] indicating the job you are applying for in the Subject line.
The closing date for receiving applications is December 18th, 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Afya Plus seeks to fill these two positions with the right persons as soon as possible. Succesful candidates will be required to report one month after receiving an employment offer.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.