Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For more than 46 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low- cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations. Jhpiego, implementing a number of projects in Tanzania, wishes to recruit the following positions, available for immediate filling.
About the Momentum Country Global LeadershipBridge Project
Building upon U.S. Agency for International Developments (USAID) investment under the Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP), USAID is utilizing the Momentum Country and Global Leadership (MCGL) global award to engage Jhpiego s technical leadership and Johns Hopkins International Vaccine Access Center (IVAC)’s technical assistance through the MCGL Bridge Project to contribute to strengthening and sustaining preservice education (PSE) and immunization programs in Tanzania. The Bridge Project will run between September 2020 and August 2021 to provide a holistic support to the Government of Tanzania on human resource for health and immunization. The one-year grant period will be used to engage stakeholders strengthen the technical rigor of PSE, foster the continuity and scale up of successful immunization interventions, support the IVD to craft thoughtful multi-year immunization plans and assist with the design and targeting of interventions that address areas with immunization coverage gaps.
Project Duration: October 1, 2020 through September 30, 2021
Position: Senior Officer, Strategic Information [One position based in Dar es salaam]
Working under the supervision of the Senior Advisor, Strategic Information, the Strategic Information Officer works with the technical leads to monitor project progress and support high-quality M&E practices The Senior Strategic Information Officer contributes to Strategic Information components of project-based activities and work plans, and supports activities that ensures that indicators and M&E plans conform to the global and national Momentum Country and Global Leadership (MCGL) project and donor standards and protocols, and that evidence, lessons learned and best practices are appropriately captured, documented, and disseminated.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, health or a related field
- Five (5) years of work experience in monitoring and evaluation of health related projects and/or HMIS work. Strong Experience working with M/E for Immunization and PSE Programs is a bonus.
- Experience working with MOHCDGEC information systems and personnel is an added benefit
- Excellent analytical, oral and report- writing skills
- Proven experience on scrutinizing information using data analysis tools such as Stata and Microsoft Excel
- Self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision
- Extensive knowledge of the health programs in Tanzania
- Extensive knowledge of MOHCDGEC core function and systems
- Excellent understanding of training systems including experience with facilitation of training
- Strong background in and knowledge of reproductive health and family planning, supervision and quality improvement systems.
- Good interpersonal skills and team work
- Good interpersonal skills and team work
MODE OF APPLICATION
Jhpiego offers a competitive package selected candidates in line with salary history, academic qualifications and relevant experience. To apply please indicate the position title of the position you are applying for on the subject line of your e-mail. Applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, a cover letter and your salary history. Applications, which do NOT include ALL of these elements, will NOT be considered.
Send the application through email:[email protected] Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is 29thOctober, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note: [email protected] is the address to use all the time. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also do not charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you will get an official call from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong — doing kindly write to the Manager, Human Resource through [email protected].