News Freed Kyagulanyi warns Museveni as city protest death toll...

Freed Kyagulanyi warns Museveni as city protest death toll rises to 49

-





National Unity Platform presidential candidate Robert Kyagulanyi aka Bobi Wine has been granted a non-cash bail by Iganga Chief Magistrate’s court after being charged with acts likely to spread coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

Kyagulanyi whose arrest on Wednesday sparked off protests all over the country that led to the death of more than 50 people and injuring more than 130 others. Kyagulanyi told court that there’s no reason as to why he should be court because he has not committed any offence. 
“Am not here because I committed a crime. I am here because I offered myself to lead Ugandans into ending 35 years of a dictatorship…It is Museveni who is supposed to be in this dock for killing innocent citizens,” an exhausted and frail-looking Kyagulanyi said. 

“Even though I have been released, at least temporarily, this is no happy day, we mourn the death of more than 37 innocent who were murdered by this murderous regime. I have learnt that more than 500 people were arrested….They brutalised and tortured us in order to break our resolve. I have news for you Mr. Museveni and all those who work for him, we are not your slaves. Ugandans refuse to be your slaves. You can pepper spray us and break our bodies but you can’t touch and break our spirit and soul…We are not giving up, we shall continue fighting for our freedom. To the people of Uganda, do not give up, they cannot kill us all. Ugandans, nobody is going to fight for you, you have to fight for your freedom. Mr Museveni that presidential chair that is making you gloat will soon be no more because the people are going to oust you from power,” said Kyagulanyi. 
According to lawyer Nkunyingi Muwada soldiers stormed the court session and confiscated with Kyagulanyi’s torn clothes that had been brought to court as evidence. 
DEATH TOLL RISES TO 49

Meanwhile, the death toll from Kyagulanyi’s protests has now risen to 49. According to records at Mulago hospital mortuary, 37 bodies were brought to the mortuary from different hospitals, while 12 are patients who died from injuries at the hospital on Wednesday and Thursday.

David Niwamanya, the Mulago hospital principal administrator, says that some of the patients died on arrival at the hospital while others died in the process of being operated to remove the bullets.  





Leave a Reply

Latest news

10 political figures to be prosecuted for sending Sudan youth to fight in Libya

Legal adviser to the Sudanese victims of the Emirati Black Shield Company Omar Al-Obaid announced on Tuesday that he...

UN calls for probe into Israeli injuring of 4 Palestinian children in past 2 weeks

The United Nations (UN) Human Rights Office in the Palestinian territories called on Wednesday for a transparent investigation into Israel's...

Trump recycles unsubstantiated voter fraud claims

Donald Trump stood before a White House lectern and delivered a 46-minute diatribe against the election that produced a...

Traditional fishing in Caspian coast of Iran

MAZANDARAN, Dec. 03 (MNA) – Every year, with the start of the fishing season in mid-October, the northern people...

Former French leader Valery Giscard d’Estaing dies aged 94

Valery Giscard d’Estaing, the president of France from 1974 to 1981 who became a champion of European integration, has...

Must read

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you