Connect with us

News

Mchungaji wa Kenya ahukumiwa miaka 140 baada ya kuwabaka binti zake wawili

Published

on

Mahakama nchini Kenya imemfunga kigfungo cha miaka 140 jela mchungaji aliyewabaka wasichana wake wawili wa miaka 14 na miaka 16 na kuwapatia mimba

Akitoa hukumu hiyo hakimu mkazi wa Baricho Anthony Mwicigi, alimuhukumumwanaume huyo kifungo cha miaka 70 kwa kila msichana . Mahakama iliamua kuwa hukumu hizo zitatekelezwa moja baada ya nyingine na hivyomchungaji huyo ataishi jela miaka 140.

Mhungaji huyo kutoka kaunti ya Kirinyaga kati kati mwa Kenya, mwenye umri wa miaka 51 alikiri kuwabaka watoto wake tarehe 5 Januari na kuwekwa jela tangu tarehe 7 Januari. Alimlaumu shetani kwa ubakaji huo watoto wake na akawaomba msamaha watoto wake na mahakama.

Hakimu mkazi Anthony Mwicigi alisema kuwa mchungaji huyo alipataikana na hatia kwa kukiri mwenyewe kuwabaka watoto wake na akaagiza hukumu dhidi yake itolewe tarehe 14 Januari.

Mchungaji huyo anayefahamika kwa jina la Gichina alikamatwa mahala alipokuwa amejificha baada ya polisi kuanzisha harakati za kumsaka.

Msichana mmoja tayari ana mtoto wa miezi 7 na mwingine ana mtoto wa miezi 5.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

International Organisations

UN: 43% of Yemen families reduce daily meals due to economic volatility

Published

on

43 per cent of Yemeni families have been forced to reduce the number of their daily meals due to the country’s economic fluctuations, the United Nations (UN) World Food Programme (WFP) in Yemen announced yesterday.

“Economic volatility & conflict means that many in Yemen regularly reduce the frequency or size of their meals or parents eat less so they can feed their children,” the WFP posted on Twitter.

Experts have said in recent months that Yemeni citizens’ purchasing power had declined due to a collapse of the national currency, with more than 900 riyals against the US dollar, reaching its peak last November.

Impoverished Yemen has been mired in a conflict since the Houthis ousted the government from power in the capital city of Sanaa in late 2014. The conflict escalated in March 2015 when a Saudi-led military coalition intervened, backing the Yemeni government.

The UN has said that the war has led to the worst humanitarian crisis globally, leaving 80 per cent of the population dependent on humanitarian aid to survive, and more than 100,000 dead.

READ: Biden to review Houthi terrorist designation and curb support for Saudi coalition

Continue Reading

Ireland

Nothing rushed about special education reopening says Foley

Published

on

The Minister for Education has denied there was anything rushed about the botched reopening of special education, as talks with unions continue.

Norma Foley says every effort is being made to ensure children with special educational needs can return to school.

Students with special education needs had been due attend classes in-person once again from today, before talks between the Department of Education and the unions collapsed on Tuesday.

Union representatives said staff were hesitant to return to the classroom with the current high levels of Covid-19 in the community.

Ms Foley accused the unions of being “disingenuous” saying it was regretful they would not accept the public health advice that schools are a safe, controlled environment.

Describing Ireland as an outlier when it comes to students with special educational needs not attending classes in-person, Minister Foley said opposition assertions that the plan was not thought through are wrong.

Referencing the Minister’s comments regarding the talks with teachers’ and special needs assistants’ representatives, Labour’s education spokesperson Aodhan O’Riordain said Ms Foley should not make comments in public if she wants to get a deal.

“Say what you have to say in private with those unions who have also committed to do the same thing and then potentially we may have a road map for achieving what we all want, which is that education can be delivered [to] those who need it most,” said Mr O’Riordain.

Despite the difficulties, Fórsa, which represents special needs assistants, has reaffirmed its commitment to resuming education for students with additional needs, resuming engagement with Department officials this afternoon to “improve safety provision and re-build confidence”.

Continue Reading