We are excited to announce the call for applications for our eFounders Fellowship program Online Course Class 1, which will be open to founders/co-founders of digital ventures from Africa.
Application Deadline: Not specified
About the Award: The eFounders Fellowship program provides first-hand exposure to eCommerce and digital innovations, access to business leaders across Alibaba and China, as well as an opportunity to connect with like-minded, leading entrepreneurs in your region. The fellowship is a community of passionate and successful “Champions for the New Economy” looking to inspire and create a more inclusive development model for all.
The eFounders Fellowship program is jointly organized by Alibaba Business School and the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), who are implementing the Sustainable Development Goals for 2030.
Type: Fellowship, Entrepreneurship
Eligibility: We welcome entrepreneurs who are:
- Authentic, open-minded and altruistic leaders of the ‘new economy’.
- Building enterprises for long-term success, not for short-term profit.
- Mission-driven and have a strong sense of purpose, integrity, vision, and drive.
- Willing to learn and share their experiences and ideas.
eFounders Fellowship Online Course enrollment criteria:
- You MUST be a full-time founder, co-founder or CEO of an officially registered digital venture that is actively operational.
- Your venture MUST be headquartered or have an operating entity in Africa.
- You MUST provide at least 1 referral in your application (referrals from a partner/organizer/eFounders Fellow are preferred).
- You will be requested to provide your official business license if you are invited to the offline session after the pandemic.
- Entrepreneurs below 35 years old, female entrepreneurs, and target country locals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Deadline Extended: Learn Africa Scholarships 2021/2022 for African Women (Fully-funded)
Centre for Sustainability Transitions (CST) Masters & PhD Scholarships 2021 – Stellenbosch University
AAI One World Scholarship Programme in Austria 2021/2022 for Developing Countries
To be Taken at (Country): Online
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Participants who complete the eFounders Fellowship Program online course successfully with excellent performance will have the opportunity to join eFounders Fellowship Program offline session in Hangzhou, China, Alibaba’s global headquarter, after the pandemic.
What will participants learn?
- The key factors in Alibaba’s long-term success.
- The defining moments and failures that have shaped Alibaba’s journey (including the early stages of development).
- An understanding of Alibaba’s ecosystem.
What the program cannot promise:
- The opportunity to partner with Alibaba.
- The opportunity to receive Alibaba investment.
Duration of Award: The first online course will be kicked off at 8 AM (UTC+0) on 16th, November and will have a weekly online class scheduled for 6 weeks from 16th November to 21st December.
How to Apply: Applications for eFounders Fellowship Online Course are NOW OPEN.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.