Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. We’ll detail the current software versions for each device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. Samsung usually pushes out updates to the entire series, but this may vary per variant and carrier.
- Current stable version: Android 11
- When will the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra get Android 12? December 2021 (Estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra updates
September 30, 2021: The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series is now getting the October 2021 security patch in South Korea. That’s an early launch for next month’s patch! According to SamMobile, the new update comes with firmware version N98xNKSU1DUI2. It could also include general bug fixes and device stability improvements. However, it doesn’t seem to add any new features to the phones.
To check if the update’s available for your device head to Settings > Software update and tap on Download and install.
Previous Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Note 20 Ultra updates
- September 6, 2021: The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series is now getting the September security patch in some markets. According to SamMobile, the new update comes with firmware version N98xxXXS3DUH5. It could also include general bug fixes and device stability improvements. However, it doesn’t seem to add any new features to the phones.
- August 30, 2021: The Galaxy Note 20 series received the One UI 3.1.1 update. It carried firmware version N98xBXXU3DUH2 and had a download size of 738MB. Some new features of the update included a quick setting toggle for Bedtime Mode, faster app opening speeds, faster camera, faster pop-up menus, improved heat management, and more.
- August 9, 2021: The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series got the August security patch globally. According to SamMobile, the update came with firmware version N98xFXXS3DUG9 and fixed 40 privacy and security vulnerabilities. It also included general bug fixes and device stability improvements.
- July 6, 2021: The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series gained the July 2021 Android security update. While the update apparently weighed 1GB, there weren’t many noticeable changes. Firmware version N98xxXXU2DUF8 also seemingly packed improved QR scanner functionality.
- June 8, 2021: The Galaxy Note 20 series gained the June 2021 Android security patch (h/t SamMobile).
- May 18, 2021: Verizon published an update to the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. It contained the May 2021 Android security patch, and new camera features including Dual Recording.
- April 15, 2021: T-Mobile rolled out an update to the Galaxy Note 20 line that included turning on its eSIM capabilities. This makes it the first Samsung phone in the US with that feature. Earlier this month, Samsung also started pushing out the April 2021 security patch to the phones.
If you’ve spotted a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 update that we haven’t, tip us! Looking for another update? Be sure to visit our Android 11 update tracker.