Are you passionate about health equity and social justice? Are you a changemaker and eager to contribute to change in your community and society at large? Are you keen to learning and working with others to achieve that change? This may be a leadership development opportunity for you!
Application Deadline: 16th August 2021
About the Award: The Tekano Leadership Development Fellowship Programme is based on the belief that an inclusive, equitable, economically productive and healthy society comes from action that addresses the unequal distribution of resources and opportunities. Equally, it challenges racism, classism, xenophobia, sexism and heteronormativity. Tekano is part of a global network of similar initiatives in South East Asia, Australia, Ireland, the United States, the United Kingdom and here in South Africa.
Eligibility: We accept applications from individuals who:
- Are of African descent who reside and/or work in South Africa.
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment to social justice, preferably linked to health equity
- Commit to attend and participate fully in all programme activities of the Fellowship Programme, and complete required tasks within deadlines provided.
- If employed, have their employers support for participation in the Fellowship. Written proof will be required and a discussion with the employer will be held where necessary.
- Have an idea for a social change initiative and a commitment and passion to undertake it in collaboration with others. (Kindly note that although applicants will be chosen based on their social change initiative, once applicants are accepted into the Fellowship Programme, they will be expected to work collaboratively with other Fellows working on a similar thematic topic.)
East African Photography Award 2021 for East African Photographers
World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Programme 2022 for sub-Saharan African Graduates
NPDC/SEPLAT National Undergraduate Scholarship 2021/2022 for Young Nigerians
While this call is national, please note that for the 2022 Fellow selection, priority will be given to applicants who are from the Eastern Cape, Mpumalanga and the North West.
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be Taken at (Country): South Africa
Number of Awards: Not specified
How to Apply: START YOUR APPLICATION HERE
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.