Application Deadline: 4th October 2021
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To Be Taken At (Country): South Africa
About the Award: The Doug Banks Renewable Energy Vision is a South African initiative aimed at building intellectual capital in the field of Renewable Energy.
A two year Scholarship is available to study towards a Masters degree in Renewable Energy Studies at a South African University, commencing in 2022. Students should be from a background of engineering, science, technology, built environment, or law.
This initiative is set on finding postgraduate students, preferably from an engineering, scientific or technical background who are willing and able to carry forward Doug’s passion and vision.
Dr Doug Banks was a man who was passionate about meeting Africa’s energy challenges through the development of Renewable Energy. Through a deep understanding of people and technology, Doug was able to speak to and shape national renewable energy policies. A number of young professionals owe their career choice to Doug’s enthusiastic mentorship.
Korean Government Scholarships 2022/2023 (Undergraduate) for Developing Countries
Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Masters Scholarships 2022/2023 for African Students to Study at University of…
American University of Beirut Graduate Scholarship in Health Science 2022/2023 for MENA Countries
Eligibility: This scholarship is only available if you are:
- A South African national or permanent resident who is passionate about making a difference in people’s lives in the African continent
- Fired up about addressing Energy Poverty and Energy Access through energy services provided by Renewable Energy systems
- Committed to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals and addressing the challenges posed by Climate Change
Selection Criteria: Selected applicants will be:
• Passionate about making a difference to the African continent.
• Fired up about addressing Energy Poverty and Energy Access through application of Renewable Energy
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Financial support and mentorship is available to assist a graduate student to take forward the vision of the late Dr Doug Banks.
Duration of Program: 2 years
How to Apply: Apply here