Application Deadline: 23rd January 2022
About the Award: If you are a woman who has invested in a public leadership journey or has distinguished herself in any other sector or professional background but with public leadership aspirations, please complete the Amujae Initiative application form below.
Encouraging women to apply to join the program, Madam Sirleaf said:
“[The Amujae Initiative] brings together African women who have started their leadership journey, who have committed themselves to doing more in public service, to ascend in their roles together with those women who have advanced and excelled in leadership.”
Madam Sirleaf also described how the Amujae Initiative Program will effectively “amplify the voice of women [and] increase the participation of women in public leadership roles.” She noted that while major milestones for women’s rights and political participation have been achieved, there is still more work to be done:
“Although significant progress has been made for the advancement of women, I think it is clear that much more needs to be done from all of us–women and men–all over the world to advance women in all roles in our societies.”
Madam Sirleaf also emphasized the role that men have to play in supporting African women on their leadership journeys.
“Recognize the role and important contribution that women play when they have equal rights, when they have justice, when they are allowed to ascend to leadership on the basis of their effort and their commitment to promoting women throughout society.”
Deadline Extended: Kofi Annan Award for Innovation in Africa 2021 for African Entrepreneurs (EUR 250,000 Grants)
Zonta International Young Women in Public Affairs Award 2022
10 DAAD Scholarships African Students may apply for right now
Eligibility for Amujae Initiative: An Amujae Leader is a woman who:
- Is a citizen of and resides in any African country.
- Has proven leadership talent, having excelled in her chosen field and distinguished herself as someone who can deliver transformative impact.
- If not already involved in public service, has the vision and proven commitment to become an exceptional public leader.
- Has demonstrated a commitment towards the upliftment/ empowerment of other women.
- Is patriotic, demonstrating commitment and service to their home country/countries.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Amujae Initiative: The EJS Center seeks to support African women leaders who have demonstrated exceptional talent and service to reach the highest echelons of public leadership.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.