The Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA) has flagged 14 filling stations for selling adulterated fuel.
On Friday, October 1, EPRA also named and shamed eight Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) dealers who have been violating regulations.
The energy sector regulator carried out 5,328 tests at 1,151 petroleum sites between July and September 2021 as it intensified the war against sub-standard fuel and LPG.
EPRA exposed the filling stations for selling fuel intended for the export market locally, selling adulterated fuel and being in possession of fuel meant for export without authorization.
The LPG facilities were found to be refilling cylinders belonging to other licensees without consent.
EPRA stated that they identified the stations after continuous monitoring of the quality of petroleum motor fuels on sale, transport and storage throughout the country.
The Authority highlighted that the petrol stations found to be non-compliant were situated in Nairobi, Nakuru, Homa Bay, Bungoma, Busia, Kakamega and Marsabit.
According to EPRA, the majority of the petrol stations were found to be offering for sale Diesel or Petrol containing high sulphur content.
The Authority announced it had moved to close down the filling stations, closing offending pumps, impounding transport trucks and questioning owners of non-compliant stations.
Here is the full list of LPG facilities named by EPRA
1. Alfa Gas Limited in Makadara, Nairobi
2. Easi Cooking Gas Limited Off Lunga Lunga Road in Nairobi
3. Spareman Trading Limited Home Gas at Nairobi Off Enterprise Road
4. More Gas Limited in Industrial Area, Nairobi
5. Menengai Engineering & Petroleum in Nairobi Off Nanyuki Road in Makadara
6. Depar Limited in Sagana Town, Kirnyaga
7. Tydes General Merchants Limited at Nyeri Ragati in Market
Here is the list of the petrol stations singled out by EPRA
1. Unregistered Site, along Rangwe Road, Nairobi
2. Saxiib Filling Station in Maragua, Murang’a
3. Street Travellers SACCO Filling Station at Kanu Street in Nakuru
4. Nyang’inja Filling Station, in Kendu Bay, Homabay
5. Jasho Filling Station in Imbo, Homa Bay
6. Saiga Filling Station in Kemera, Nyamira
7. Truck KBA 561P I ZD 9695 Owner – Waves Petroleum limited at the Busia Busia One Stop Border
8. Truck KBU 016N 1 W 7976 Owner – Joseph Karoba at the Busia One Stop Border
9. Ola Energy Kakamega A Service Station in Kakamega
10. Geoffrey Omenda Filling Station at Kimwanga Kanu in Bungoma
11. Bahari Filling Station in Wundanyi, Taita Taveta
12. Habiba Adan Fuel Samples at Moyale Police Station in Marsabit
13. Fatuma Hassan Adan Fuel Sample at Moyale Police Station
14. Mariam Ibrahim Adan Fuel Samples at Moyale Police Station in Marsabit