POLICE FOUND HER CAR IN SACRAMENTO
According to police Sylvia Wittal has been missing since last week, Thursday, 30 December 2021.
“SAPS Humewood is seeking the community’s assistance in tracing a missing woman, Sylvia Wittal (45) who was reported missing by her ex-husband on 02 January 2022,” police said.
THE MOTHER HAS BEEN MISSING SINCE LAST WEEK
According to her ex-husband, he allegedly last spoke to her on the phone on Thursday, 30 December 2021, to make arrangements for their two children.
After he allegedly did not see or hear from her again, he opened a missing person report on 02 January 2022.
ALSO READ: Husband of murdered KZN pastor reported missing amid investigation
POLICE ARE CURRENTLY SEARCHING IN AREA WHERE CAR WAS FOUND
Meanwhile, Wittal’s Silver Kia Picanto was found at Sacramento, Schoenmakerskop, on Monday by police.
According to police, eyewitnesses in the area said the vehicle had been parked there for the past two days.
Police are currently in the area searching for Sylvia in the surrounding bushes and on the beaches.
ALSO READ: Missing woman found buried in a shallow grave in Gqeberha
DO YOU HAVE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT HER?
Any person that could assist the police in finding Sylvia, or who might have any information that could assist police with the search and investigation, can contact SAPS Humewood, Detective Constable Johannes Meyer at 073 688 9595 or Crime Stop https://www.saps.gov.za/index.phpon 08600 10111 or by using MySAPS app.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU HAVE A MISSING LOVE ONE:
When a person goes missing, it is of the utmost importance for the SAPS to fulfill our mandate to serve and protect the citizens of South Africa. It is essential to take steps and start the investigation into a missing person’s case immediately. You can assist the SAPS when reporting a missing person by following these steps:
- THERE IS NO WAITING PERIOD TO REPORT A MISSING PERSON!
- Produce a recent photograph of the missing person, if possible.
- Give a complete description of the missing person’s last whereabouts, clothes that they were wearing, as well as any information that can assist the investigating officer.
- Complete and sign a SAPS 55(A) form. This form safeguards the SAPS from hoax reports and indemnifies the SAPS to distribute the photograph and information of the missing person.
- Obtain the investigating officer’s contact details, and send any additional information that might become available.
- If a missing person is found or returns voluntarily, inform the investigating officer immediately. A SAPS 92 form must be completed to inform the Bureau of Missing Persons that the missing person’s report can be removed from the circulation system.
This article Belongs to
News Source link