CapCut has quickly become a favorite mobile video editor thanks to its versatility, intuitiveness, and reliability. Just like any other software, some aspects of the app might be difficult to navigate, especially if you’re a beginner.
If you’re trying to add sound effects in CapCut, you’ve come to the right place. We have a lot to unpack, so let’s get started.
How to Add Sound Effects in CapCut
Adding sound effects in CapCut is relatively easy. First, ensure that your video has the required audio. If your video doesn’t have the audio you want, go through the sections below to add it.
You can skip these steps if your video already has audio you like.
How to Add Audio to Your Video Using the CapCut Audio Library
To add audio to your video using the built-in CapCut audio library, follow the steps below.
- Open CapCut on your Android or iPhone.
- On the home screen, tap the “New Project” widget.
- Select the video to which you want to add audio.
- Click the “Add” button to add the video you have selected above to the video editing panel.
- Go to “Audio,” then select “Sounds.”
- Browse the audio library by navigating the provided labels and reviewing the audio files listed under each label.
- Tap on an audio file to hear how it sounds.
- Tap the download icon followed by the add icon to add the audio file to your video.
- If the audio length is longer than that of the video, tap on it and use the straight vertical line to specify the part of the audio you want to cut out.
- Tap on “Split,” then select the part you want to delete and select the trash icon.
Your video should now feature the audio you have just added.
Tip: If you frequently use the audio you selected above, tap the star icon next to it to add it to your favorites. This makes it super easy to access it later when you want to use it.
To find your favorites, follow the steps below.
- Go to the video editing panel and select “Audio.”
- Go to “Sounds,” and on the next screen, tap the star icon.
- You should now see all your favorite audio files.
How to Add Audio to Your Video by Extracting It From Another Video
If you have another video on your phone with audio that you want to use in your current video, you can easily do so by extracting it. Here’s how to go about the process.
- Add the video to which you want to add audio to the editing panel.
- Tap “Audio.”
- Tap on “Extracted” and select the video that has the audio you would like to use for your current video.
- Tap the “Import sound only” button.
- The audio should now be automatically added to your current video.
How to Add Audio to Your Video by Recording It
You can also do voiceovers for your video. To do so, record the audio by following the steps below.
- Click “New Project” to add the video you want to edit to the editing panel.
- Tap on “Audio” then “Record.”
- Record the audio and once you’re done, hit the checkmark icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen to complete the process.
Now that you have the audio for your video, move to the next section to discover how to add sound effects.
How to Add Sound Effects to a Video Using CapCut
To add sound effects to your video using CapCut, follow the steps below.
- Open the video to which you want to add sound effects by selecting it from the app’s home screen. Alternatively, tap “New Project” if you have not yet pulled it to the app.
- Tap on “Audio” then “Effects.”
- Swipe across the sound labels to find your desired sound effects. You can also use the search feature if you know exactly what you want.
- Once you have found your preferred sound effect, tap on it to hear how it will sound in your video.
To use a sound effect in your video, tap the download icon followed by the plus icon.
- Now, press the play button and listen to how it combines with your video’s audio. If you don’t like it, you can select it and then press the trash icon to delete it.
- When you have the sound effect that best suits your video, click the arrow icon in the top-right corner of the screen to export it to online platforms or save it on your device.
How to Add Voice Effects to Your Video
You can also add voice effects to your video. As the name suggests, voice effects alter the voice of the audio in your video. For example, you could make the audio sound like a robot or a chipmunk.
To add voice effects to your video using CapCut, follow the steps below.
- Open the video to which you want to add voice effects and tap “Edit.”
- Swipe right and choose “Voice effects.”
- Select your preferred voice effect and hit the play icon to see if it suits your video.
- Once you’re satisfied with the final results, click the checkmark icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen to add the effect to your video.
Note: The steps for adding sound effects to a video in CapCut are similar for Android and iPhone. So these steps should work on whichever phone you use.
How to Add a Sound Effect to Your Favorites
Adding a sound effect to your favorites helps you access them faster the next time you want to use it. Here’s how to go about the process.
- On the video editing panel, go to “Audio” and choose “Effects.”
- Click the star icon next to the sound effect you want to add to your favorites.
- To find the list of your favorite sound effects the next time you want to edit a video, go to the “favorites” panel.
How to Remove a Section You Don’t Want From an Audio Clip
One of the most potent aspects of editing videos is the ability to remove the parts you don’t want and keep the ones you do. Sometimes the audio files or sound effects you incorporate into your video may be longer than the length of the video itself, making it necessary to cut out a section of the clip. To remove the sections of the audio you don’t want, follow the steps below.
- Select the video from the home screen to open the editing panel.
- Select the audio and specify the part you want to remove by marking it with the provided horizontal line.
- Select “Split” and click the trash icon from the options provided below the video editing panel.
How to Remove Sound From an Existing Video
To remove sound from an existing video, follow the steps below.
- Open the video in the editing panel.
- Once the editing panel is loaded, tap on “Audio.”
- Tap on “Mute clip audio” then tap the arrow icon in the top-right corner of the screen to save the file.
Is the music in CapCut copyrighted?
Yes, some of the music in the CapCut library is copyrighted. It’s best to be extra cautious before posting it on platforms that do not allow copyrighted material. For instance, YouTube doesn’t allow using copyrighted materials, especially for monetized videos. Doing so might lead to dire consequences, such as getting copyright strikes or a permanent ban on your account.
Can I use sound effects in a video that doesn’t have audio?
Yes, you can add sound effects to a video that doesn’t have any audio. However, adding audio to your video before incorporating sound effects is usually best.
Add Extra Charm to Your Videos by Incorporating Sound Effects
As you can see, adding sound effects to your video using CapCut is a relatively straightforward task. Simply navigate to the video editing panel and choose “Audio” then “Effects.” Then browse through the provided sound effects and choose one that best suits your video. You can also customize the sound effects to match your preferences. For instance, you can increase or decrease the volume or add a matching voice effect.
And be sure to add your preferred sound effects to your favorites panel so it is easier to access them the next time you want to use them.
What are your favorite sound effects to use in CapCut? Did you use the methods described in this article? Let us know your experience with adding sound effects in CapCut in the comments section below.