Zoho is a technology company with a wide array of software solutions that helps businesses run in various ways. With so many systems and products available, many people will come across Zoho in their careers and may even find themselves responsible for them. When you find yourself having to add a user to one of Zoho’s many products, you may wonder how to accomplish that.
Keep reading to learn how to enter new users across Zoho’s platforms.
Add Users in Zoho One
Zoho One is a cloud-based service that combines the entire Zoho ecosystem making it a central work platform for most employees. Adding users to this account is likely critical to the company and their productivity. Read below for complete instructions on adding a new user to Zoho One across all mobile and web applications.
To start with, follow these steps when adding users via the iOS Zoho One app:
- Open your Zoho One app on your iOS device.
- Tap the square with a computer icon in the top right corner.
- At the bottom of the new list, find the yellow circle with a symbol inside. Tap the circle.
- When you see “ADD USER,” tap it.
- You can enter a series of information in the “Basic Info” section. Start with entering the “First name” and “Last name.”
- Add an email to the “Email ID” field.
- Pick a password by entering your own or an auto-generated password into the “Password” field.
- In the “Company Info” field, enter the user’s Employee ID.
- Fill the following employee fields: “Designation,” “Department,” “Reporting To,” and “Work Location.”
- If you have any custom fields, fill them out.
- Check on the “Send Notification mail” button.
- Save the new user by tapping “Add” in the top-right corner.
Alternatively, you can add users to Zoho One using the Android app:
- Find and open the Zoho One app on your Android device.
- In the bottom-right corner, find the gray symbol with a computer screen on it and tap it.
- When a new menu appears, tap “Users.”
- Tap the yellow circle.
- A series of fields will appear called “Basic Info.” Start by entering the new user’s “First Name” and “Last Name.”
- Enter an email address into the “Email ID” field.
- Use a custom or auto-generated password in the “Set Password” field.
- Under “Company Info,” enter an Employee ID.
- Select the employee’s “Designation,” “Department,” “Reporting To,” “Work Location,” and “Date of joining.”
- For any custom fields previously created, be sure to fill them out.
- Click on the “Send Notification mail.”
- You can save the new user by tapping “ADD” in the top-right corner.
Adding users via the various phone apps is highly beneficial to any business with staff going in and out of the office or working remotely.
The final option for adding a new user to Zoho One is through the web application. You should note that using the web application gives more data entry choices to new users. An example would be the date of birth or gender.
To add users to the web application of Zoho One:
- Sign in to Zoho One.
- Go to the “Directory” in the left menu.
- Click on “Users.”
- Find and select “Add User.”
- Fields for “Basic information” will appear. Start by filling in the new user’s “First Name” and “Last Name.”
- Enter an email into the “Email Address” field.
- Continue under “Company information” by entering the user’s “Employee ID.”
- Select the employee’s “Designation,” “Department,” “Reporting Manager,” and “Work Location.”
- Move down to “Local information.”
- Add the user’s “Language,” “Country,” “Time Zone,” and “Work Location.”
- Additional information can be entered in the “Date of Birth,” “Gender,” “Date of Joining,” and “Seating Location” fields.
- For any custom fields you have previously created, fill them out.
- The “Send Notification Mail” checkbox should automatically be chosen.
- You can save the new user by clicking “Add.”
Zoho One offers plenty of options for adding users to your system, which are very straightforward. Now that you’re finished going through this tutorial, you should be able to start adding Zoho One users like a champion.
Add Users in Zoho Creator
Your creative or design team has expanded by one member, or maybe even five, due to rapid growth. Now you must add these new users to the company’s Zoho Creator account to start building apps. Thankfully, Zoho Creator allows you to add a user individually or as a group through an import.
To add a single new user:
- Go to the “Settings” page and find the “Users and Control” section.
- Click on the “Users” option.
- Find the “Add User” button and click it.
- In the “User” tab, enter the email address.
- Choose permission for the new user.
- Click “Share.”
This will save the new user and allow them to begin working.
However, if you need to add multiple users at any given time, you can import a list of new users to Zoho Creator. To do so:
- Navigate to the “Settings” page and the “Users and Control” section.
- Click the “Users” option.
- To the right of the “Add Users” button, click the down arrow.
- Select “Import Users.”
- Either drag and drop your file into the box or select “click here to browse” to find the file on your computer.
- Choose the correct permission for these users.
- Press “Save” to finish.
Zoho Creator has a very streamlined process for adding multiple users simultaneously. This is also useful if you have set up Zoho Creator for your business and must add all your employees at once.
Add Users in Zoho Desk
Adding users promptly to Zoho Desk is the best way to ensure your business runs smoothly and customer service is timely. To learn how to add a new user to Zoho Desk quickly, keep reading:
- Click the Setup icon at the top.
- Under the “Setup Landing” page, go to “Users and Control” and click on “Agents.”
- Go to the “Agent List” page, and click on “New Agent” in the upper right corner.
- The “New Agent” page will pop up.
- Enter the “First Name,” “Last Name,” and “Email Address.”
- Next, assign the “Role” and “Permissions” for the new user.
- Select the new user’s “Department.”
- You can enter additional information such as “Channel Expertise,” “Bio,” “Desk Phone,” and “Cell Phone.”
- To save the new user, click “New Agent.”
Once the new agent is added, they’re ready to start receiving tickets and contacting customers!
Add Users in Zoho Projects
In addition to its other cloud-based products, Zoho also offers project management software. Zoho Projects makes adding users to your projects easy, preventing delays or missed deadlines.
To add a new user in Zoho Projects:
- Navigate to the project you want to add a user to.
- Select “Users.”
- In the “Users” tab, click “Add User” in the top right corner.
- Fill in the user details.
- Click “Assign.”
Now that the user is created, your project is staffed and ready to be completed.
Add Users in Zoho Books
As an online accounting software, Zoho Books has a ton of features to help businesses get what they need. One of the benefits of using Zoho Books is how straightforward it is to add new users.
If you want to add a user to Zoho Books:
- Go to “Settings.”
- Find “Users & Roles.”
- Click the “Invite User” button in the top right corner.
- Fill in the email address, name, and the user’s role.
- Press the “Send” button.
Once the new user receives their invitation email, they can log in and start working.
Zoho Recruit Add Users
To round off their business software suite, Zoho also offers a hiring platform with Zoho Recruit. This platform makes it easy for HR Management teams to add new users. To add a new user to Zoho Recruit:
- You must log into Zoho Recruit with administrator privileges.
- Navigate to the “Setup” page.
- Go to “Users & Control” and click on “Users.”
- Click on “+Add New User.”
- The new user’s “First Name,” “Last Name,” “Email,” “Role,” “Profile,” and “Territory” must all be entered.
- Press “Add.”
Once the administrator saves the new user, the profile is ready to use.
Zoho – Adding All Users
Zoho is a comprehensive suite of business tools that greatly value the customers who use them. Not only are their many tools easy to access, but they’re also designed to be easy to use. Adding new users to any Zoho platform is straightforward. For Zoho Create and Zoho One, the flexibility in adding users in bulk or on the phone app can be a huge help to busy employees.
Do you use any of the Zoho platforms mentioned here? What was your experience with adding new users? Let us know in the comments!