Meta Platforms, Inc., doing business as Meta and formerly named Facebook, Inc., and TheFacebook, Inc., is an American multinational technology conglomerate based in Menlo Park, California. The company owns Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp, among other products and services.
RELATED: How to recover my Facebook hacked account – Facebook account hack recover
Note: you must be at least 13 years old to create a Facebook account.
How to create a Facebook account
- Open your Facebook app and tap Sign Up for Facebook.
- Tap Get Started.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and enter your first and last name, date of birth, and gender.
- Enter your mobile phone number, or tap Use your email address.
- Create a password you’ll remember.
- Tap Sign Up.
- To finish creating your account, you need to confirm your email or mobile phone number.
If you’re having a problem logging in:
- If you’re having trouble with your password, learn how to reset your password.
- If you still can’t log in, find out what to do next.
How to create a Facebook account with a smartphone
- The first thing you’ll need to do to create a Facebook account is to install the Facebook application on your cell phone. To do this, go to the corresponding app store (App Store for iPhones and Google Play for Android phones), find the Facebook application, and download it.
- If you have space problems on your cell phone, you can download Facebook Lite, which is a reduced version of the Facebook application. It takes much less time to install but retains the same basic functions as the normal application.
- Once you have downloaded and installed the application, open it. On the home screen, click Create Facebook Account.
- Then click Next.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Enter your gender.
- Enter your mobile number for verification.
- Choose a password.
- Finally, click on Register. If there is a problem with your password, the system will ask you to go back and change it.
RELATED: Most expensive countries in the world – Top 10
And that’s it! The application will automatically log in. You can tell it to remember your password so that you can log in by touching the application, without having to write down your details each time.