How to Cure a Zombie Villager in Minecraft
Minecraft zombies are one of the most iconic characters in the gaming community. Their unique looks and sound design have become so mainstream that even your mom probably knows about them. This is quite the feat considering that they are the “bad guys” in the Minecraft universe.
This Mojang game features several hostile mobs, but only Zombie Villagers can be cured. Despite their appearance, villagers can have many uses, so it’s worth curing them. If done correctly, your new cured villager will give you plenty of in-game rewards.
This article will teach you how to cure a Zombie Villager in just a few steps.
Step One – Finding and Trapping a Zombie Villager
In Minecraft, all zombie types typically appear at night. Alternatively, you can find them in low-light underground areas. Your best chance to locate a Zombie Villager is by exploring abandoned villages and the basements of igloos. However, if you are playing in creative mode, there is a much easier soliton – use a Zombie Villager spawn egg.
Once you have found one, you want to trap it immediately. Just like any other mob, there are numerous ways to do so. The easiest method involves trapping it inside a home. You can use an existing one or quickly build a home-like structure.
- Start by leaving the door open.
- Lure the Zombie Villager into the house.
- Circle it and quickly escape the house while closing the door behind you. You can add another entry to the house to make your exit smoother.
The trapped Zombie Villager cannot open the doors. While inside, he is protected from the sunlight. Make sure no other villagers interact with your house at this time. Now you can start working on the cure.
Step Two – Required Materials for Making the Cure
Before successfully curing a Zombie Villager, you must ensure you have a few materials in your inventory. You will need the following:
You can find Brewing Stands within the villages inside churches. Alternatively, you can craft them:
- Place a Blaze Rod in the middle section of your crafting table.
- Add three Cobblestones on the bottom row of the crafting table.
- You should have your Brewing Stand. Remove it and place it in your inventory.
Fermented Spider Eye
A crafting table is the only way to acquire the Fermented Spider Eye. The crafting recipe is as follows:
- Kill spiders for a spider eye.
- Place it in the center bottom position of the crafting table.
- A brown mushroom goes on the left middle position.
- Place sugar in the center middle section.
Crafting a Golden Apple is very expensive as it requires eight Golden Ingots. Luckily, there is a much better alternative. It can spawn while you are exploring ruins, dungeons, and the Woodland Mansion. So be mindful of its golden glow on your adventures.
Three Water Bottles
You can easily craft Glass Bottles in Minecraft. Follow the steps below to get started:
- Place three glass pieces on the left and right middle section and the center bottom section of the crafting table.
- Repeat this process three times for three Glass Bottles.
- Fill the bottles with water from any river or lake.
There are numerous ways to acquire Gunpowder. Farming Creepers and Witches is arguably the easiest way. Alternatively, you can purchase it from a Wandering Trader or loot it from chests throughout the open world.
You will need Blaze Powder to cure a zombie villager. Fortunately, it’s a simple process to craft it. Just add a Blaze Tod to a crafting grid. It will instantly turn into two Blaze Powder.
Brew the Splash Potion of Weakness
Once you have acquired the materials mentioned above, you can create the Splash Potion of Weakness. To brew it, closely follow these steps.
- Bring up your Brewing Stand.
- Place the Fermented Spider Eye, the Water Bottles, and the Blaze Powder inside of it.
- Wait for the brewing to complete.
- The Water Bottles should turn into Potions of Weakness.
- Place the Potions of Weakness in place of Water Bottles.
- Replace Fermenter Spider Eye for the Gunpowder.
- Wait for the brewing to be done once again.
- Collect your new Splash Potions of Weakness.
Step Three – Curing a Zombie Villager
Now you should have everything you need. Approach the house where you previously trapped a Zombie Villager. Make a single block opening so that you can interact with him. Start by throwing the Splash Potion of Weakness onto the Zombie Villager. Make sure to stand back so that the weakness effect doesn’t transfer to you.
Depending on the game version (Java or Bedrock), the potions’ effect might have different durations. On average, you will have about 3 minutes to perform the next step. However, you shouldn’t worry about time because the final step should only take a few seconds if done correctly.
Bring up your inventory, select the Golden Apple, and feed it to the Zombie Villager.
You should hear a sizzling sound, and his eyes should turn red. There will also be red particles in the air. Be aware that Zombie Villagers get a boost in strength while in this stage. So, the best thing to do is leave it trapped and wait it out.
Since he will not despawn, you can feel free to continue exploring and return to that house anytime. You will find a wholly cured villager in the house when you return. You have now successfully cured a Zombie Villager in Minecraft.
Once you have all the necessary materials in your inventory, the process should last longer than 10 minutes.
Why You Should Cure Zombie Villagers
Once you complete this entire process, you will unlock the Zombie Doctor achievement. However, even if you are not an achievement hunter, there are many benefits to curing a Zombie Villager in Minecraft.
- If your cured villager had a job before becoming a zombie, he would regain his profession. After you heal him, you will get massive trading discounts.
- Curing a single villager will significantly impact the other inhabitants of that village too. They will also give you trading discounts.
- Successfully curing a single villager will permanently protect other nearby villagers from turning into zombies.
Take the Healing Approach
Curing a Zombie Villager may seem long at first, but it will get much faster once you have the required ingredients and practice trapping them. To streamline the process, consider making multiple Golden Apples and Splash Potions of Weakness in one go.
Have you tried to cure a Zombie Villager in Minecraft? What are some of your most interesting experiences while playing this legendary game? Tell us about it in the comments section below.