It seems like everybody is on Snapchat nowadays, but login issues can put a damper on your Snap Streak. You may not be able to get your login code from Snapchat via text message or app. Before panicking, you should know this is a common issue with many Snapchat users.
This also means that there’s a way to get a recovery code that will help you access your account.
To learn more about the steps to create a recovery code and why it’s essential for Snapchat lovers, don’t go anywhere.
Creating a Recovery Code for Snapchat
You can create a recovery code for Snapchat in just a few minutes. Here are the steps:
- Launch your Snapchat app.
- Tap on your Profile icon in the top left corner.
- Click on “Settings” in the top right corner.
- Select “Two-Factor Authentication” (if you haven’t by now).
- Tap on “Recovery Code” and then “Generate Code.”
- Enter your Snapchat password to verify that it’s you.
- Save your code and keep it accessible at all times.
Recovery Code Pro Tip
Snapchat users are advised to save their recovery code to an encrypted wallet, like LastPass, for security reasons.
You shouldn’t email the password to yourself. If your email gets hacked, the attacker will quickly access your Snapchat account and be able to compromise sensitive data.
Also, you won’t be able to receive either your recovery code or the verification code via email. To receive this code, you must have access to your Snapchat account. This is a good enough reason to do it when you create your account.
Keep this recovery code close. If you lose it, Snapchat won’t offer support to regain it.
Using a Recovery Code for Snapchat
If the time comes, here’s how to log in to your Snapchat by using a recovery code in four steps:
- Launch your Snapchat app.
- Enter your username and password, and click log in.
- Type in your recovery password.
- Once you use your code, it will automatically shut down the two-factor authentication on your login device.
Setting Up Two-Factor Authentication on Snapchat
Setting up two-factor authentication (TFA) is crucial in getting a recovery code from Snapchat. Here are the steps to set up two-factor authentication if you haven’t already:
- Launch your Snapchat app and go to your Profile.
- Tap on “Settings.”
- Scroll down to find “Two-Factor Authentication,” and click on it.
- Once you read a short intro, click on “Continue.”
- Click on “Authentication App.”
- Choose whether to set it up automatically, manually, or by finding an app.
The app option is recommended for those who don’t always carry around their phones but have Snapchat installed on other devices.
Ways You Can Lose Your Snapchat Account
There is a chance that you can lose your Snapchat account if one of the following situations happens:
- You lose your phone.
- You change the number that’s connected to your Snapchat.
- You restore your phone by going to factory settings.
- You lose/delete the authentication app that contains the two-step authentication.
My Snapchat Isn’t Working
There’s a high likelihood that you’re currently having problems with your Snapchat. It won’t send or open Snaps or texts from other people, it takes too long to load, or you’re being kicked out of the app.
If these are the issues you’re dealing with, here are some easy fixes.
- Log out of your Snapchat account and log in again.
- Check if your internet connection is stable.
- Inspect your Snapchat permissions (Photos, Location, Camera, Cellular Data, etc.)
- Reinstall your app in the Google Play or Apple App Store.
- Check to see if Snapchat is down on this website.
Recover Your Account With This Code
If you can’t access your login code from a text or app, you can get a recovery code from Snapchat. Once you get it, make sure to keep it somewhere safe. You may lose access to your Snapchat account if you lose this code.
Do you have a recovery code for your Snapchat? Is it kept in a safe place? Drop a comment down below.