YouTube Shorts are a popular way to get your short videos in front of many users. Unlike typical YouTube videos that are only shown to subscribers or turn up in specific searches, shorts are placed in a video feed and get delivered to many more viewers. You’re more likely to get views this way, and it could lead to more subscribers.
Generally, it’s more common to upload videos and shorts using the phone app since this is where most people record their videos. But what if you want to upload a short from your PC? If you’re curious if this can be done, then you’ve come to the right place.
In this article, you’ll see how to upload a YouTube Short using your computer.
How to Upload Videos to YouTube Shorts on a PC
Although the YouTube Shorts feature was mainly designed for use on the phone using the YouTube app, you can also upload a short video saved on your PC. To learn how to do this, follow these steps:
- Login to your YouTube Studio account.
- Tap on the “Create” button located in the upper-right corner.
- From the dropdown menu, select “Upload videos.”
- In the center area of the popup window, click on the blue “Select Files” button.
- Navigate to the location on your PC where the video is located. For shorts, videos must be under 60 seconds and have an aspect ratio of square or vertical. Click “Open.”
- While the video is uploading, name your video and type in a description.
- Scroll down and select other options, such as if it’s made for children, add tags, etc.
- Select the “Next” button on the following three screens.
- Under the “Visibility” setting, select “Public.”
- Press the “Publish” button.
When uploading a brief video using your PC, there is no option to upload it as a short. This option is limited to the YouTube mobile app. Include “#shorts” in the title and description to ensure the video is uploaded as a short. Along with the video being under 60 seconds, adding the shorts hashtag will help the YouTube algorithm place it in the shorts feed.
FAQs: Uploading YouTube Shorts from a PC
Can I upload any video as a short?
No. You can upload any video that is yours or that you own the rights to. Uploading copyright-protected material violates YouTube’s Terms of Service. Be careful when uploading content that doesn’t belong to you. If your account is flagged for containing copyright-protected material, your account could get suspended.
Before uploading video content that isn’t yours, it’s best to check YouTube’s Copyright and Rights Management terms.
How do I remove one of my shorts from YouTube?
If you want to remove one of your shorts—or any videos you’ve uploaded—follow the instructions below:
1. Go to your channel’s content and locate the video you want to remove.
2. Hover your mouse to the left of the video’s thumbnail.
3. Tap the “three vertical dots” icon and choose “Delete forever.”
Uploading a YouTube Short From Your PC Is Painless
The easiest way to upload a YouTube Short is directly from your phone using the YouTube app, but that’s not the only way. You can also upload one from your PC. All you need to do is log in to your YouTube channel, locate the video you want to upload, add some details, and upload it. Add #shorts to its title and description to ensure it hits the shorts feed.
Have you uploaded YouTube shorts from a PC? Did you use the same methods outlined in this article? Let us know in the comments section below.