Job Purpose and Key responsibilities
Responsible for processing cash, debit, credit and check transactions using pure system.
Includes daily receipting, balancing the daily sales report, daily banking of cash and cheques.
- Accurately process all customer and intermediary payments in the company’s core computer system. These payments are by cash, debit card, credit card or cheque.
- Record all company revenue in the operations system and accurately generate corresponding receipts.
- Maintaining strong internal controls of cash collected and safeguard against loss or any out of balance problems as far as cash collection is concerned.
- Prepare bank lodgements for review and check off, and for collection to be banked on a daily basis.
- Prepare daily cash control reports for bank reconciliation, and verify accuracy.
- Process and verify accuracy on all daily company cash reports.
- Control and administer company’s petty cash and other floats ensuring compliance with related policies, and perform daily reconciliation of company float.
- Document all returned cheques and advise responsible personnel to follow up for collection.
- Advice Senior Accountant of any large cash collection which is in excess of established limits so that special arrangements for collection can be made.
- Manage cashier inventory, such as stamps, receipt paper and lodgement books.
- Maintain vigilance in identifying fraudulent bank notes and cheques.
- Perform own filing functions and keep all files in good order and appropriately filed in designated areas.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Key Performance Measures
- Accuracy of cash book Timely banking of cash and cheques Timely issuance of receipts
- Working Relationships Internal Relationships: Accountable to the Senior Accountant Work with all business units and departments/ branches
- External Relationships: Britam Customers Insurance sector players
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Diploma in Accounting or a related field
- 2 – 3 years in a similar role
- Knowledge of Britam products and services
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of cashier management processes and techniques.
- Learning and Researching: Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making at management level; learns from successes and failures and seeks colleague and customer feedback.
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Applying Expertise and Technology: Applies specialist and technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; exhibits high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains own quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
- Following Instructions and Procedures: Follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; accepts diversity; display individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.
The deadline for submitting the application is 13 October 2021.
Join Our Telegram Group for Daily Job Updates CLICK HERE