Senior Internal Control Officer
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar es salaam , Tanzania | Posted on 10/12/2021
Reports To: Senior Internal Control Manager
Direct reports: N
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
ACHIEVE is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners.
ACHIEVE is funded by USAID in Tanzania to implement a four-year activity (October 2020 to April 2024) which aims: (1) to improve national- and community-level social welfare systems in order to sustain support for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and families affected by HIV and (2) to strengthen the capacity of local organizations to deliver OVC services and (3) to deliver high-quality OVC services and DREAMS interventions for AGYW 9-14 years.
To support the management and monitoring of a risk-based internal compliance program to ensure effective utilization of resources of the Pact Tanzania Country Office and its existing projects.
As a member of the Pact Tanzania Internal Control team, the Senior Internal Control Officer conducts internal review of operations, systems, and procedures for internal controls and compliance in accordance with the terms and conditions and requirements of Pact/Pact Tanzania’s donor and well as those of Pact Global Office and Pact Tanzania as assigned and guided by the Pact Tanzania Senior Internal Control Manager
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and participates in planning and conducting internal control reviews including confirmation programs and compliance testing; ensure all internal control activities are in compliance with guidance provided by the Pact Tanzania Senior Internal Control Manager as per the standards set by the Pact Tanzania Country Office, Pact’s Director of Risk Improvement and Pact Global’s General Counsel and Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer.
- Prepares written reports of review findings, including specific recommendations for corrective action, where appropriate as assigned by the Pact Tanzania Senior Internal Control Manager.
- Supports the reviews of Pact Tanzania Country Office operations for internal controls and compliance with terms and conditions and requirements of the donor (including US Government awards) as well as in accordance with the required accounting standards and Pact policies.
- Supports the reviews and tests of procedures and systems of internal controls at Pact Tanzania and Pact Tanzania sub-recipient organizations to ensure they are functioning as planned and in accordance with sound managerial principles.
- Support to conducts internal reviews of Pact operations, including, but not limited to procurement, accounts payable, travel expense reimbursement, cash management, and human resources processes
- Under the guidance of the Pact Tanzania Senior Internal Control Manager, he/she will support to guide internal stakeholders regarding best internal control practices that minimize risk to the organization; works cooperatively with staff at Pact Tanzania Country Office to explain and improve processes and enhance internal controls and compliance
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and Professional Accounting/Auditing Certification required. Higher Degree a plus.
- Minimum of 6 to 8 years of Audit experience required and 5 years Audit experience of NGOs
- Experience in the financial management of US Government contracts and/or subcontracts is a must, preferably USAID.
- Demonstrated experience with NGO accounting packages, in particular, IPSAS
- Demonstrated familiarity with 2 CFR 200
- CPA/CIA certification with at least 4 years of post-qualification experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Fluent English and Swahili
- Experience in the federal government or SEC company internal audit
- Knowledge of OMB circulars and Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Maintains a respectful workplace by modeling respectful behavior and speaking up when disrespectful or inappropriate behavior occurs.
- Gives credit to and praises coworkers and others when warranted.
- Supports coworkers to express opinions and ideas and collaborates to help them implement these ideas.
- Reports all complaints of harassment, discrimination, or a hostile work environment.
- Ensures no one is marginalized, excluded, or left out.
- Is aware of body language, tone of voice, demeanor, and expression in all interactions at work.
- Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Is consistently honest and professional in all situations.
- Respects and maintains confidentiality.
- Tells the truth and is honest in all interactions.
- Keeps promises and commitments made to others.
- Does the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Does not yield to pressure to show bias or manipulate others.
- Avoids situations and actions considered inappropriate or that present a conflict of interest.
- Takes responsibility for own work
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organizations
- Strong understanding of Pact’s strategy and how tasks contribute to the greater good
- Consistently works within internal processes and procedures
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make a presentation
- Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
- Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Strong understanding of budget
- Working knowledge and understanding of donor policies and regulations
- Competence in using common computer applications and internal system
- Strong experience and interest in how technology and systems can support internal control effectiveness and efficiency
- Solid understanding and experience with internal control frameworks
- Strong communication skills presenting internal control and risk matters in an understandable way across various forums and levels of the organization with the right level of detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including sound presentational skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and ability to work as part of a multi geographic team.
- Adaptable to working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Striving for continuous improvement and optimization
- Flexibility in resolving issues and addressing changing priorities
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Download our Ajira Yako APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>
Join Our Telegram Group for Daily Job Updates CLICK HERE