Join Our Telegram Group for Daily Job Updates CLICK HERE
Job title: Grants Management Assistant
Reporting to: Grants Management Manager
Technical line manager: Grants Management Manager
Direct reports: No direct report
Unit/Department: Grants and MEAL
The overall purpose of the role:
- Work with programme staff to support high-quality and timely reports for donors and other countries- and HQ-level communications.
- Support the Grants Manager in the initiatives to expand the portfolios, including contributions to proposal development and program design.”
- Contribute to internal and external reporting (including monthly UNHCR reports), ensuring high-quality, well-written and timely reports meeting donor and DRC requirements, with support from the Grants Management Manager.
- Assist the Performance Development Manager in organizing Grants Opening meeting.
- Ensure quality information management related to grants by overseeing the regular update of programme/grants documents on Grants Monitoring System (GMS); ensure hard copies are stored appropriately according to DRC documentation policy.
- Assist the Grants Management Manager in proposal development tasks, through collecting and compiling necessary inputs from program staff, technical advisors, HQ/RO and partners (if relevant) in line with the proposed development plan; supporting in the writing of the proposal as needed; ensuring donor guidelines are respected.
- Maintain up-to-date donor tracking tools to identify potential new donors and strategies which line up with DRC’s strategic priorities.
- Develop tools to track the progress of project implementation when needed.
- Carry out any other relevant duties as requested by the Grants Management Manager.
- Support the Grants manager to regularly update the DRC Dynamics Grants module
- Support the Grants Manager in consolidation of documentation required for setting up grants in the centralized DRC Dynamics system and physical existence of grant documentation
- Ensure the grants management filing system is maintained and all donor grant documentation is properly (both soft and hard copies) filed.
- Carry out detailed review of the DRC Dynamics system using the grants checklist to identify deficiencies in documentation , update the same and report any gaps to Grants Manager
- Support grant manager In BFU review meeting activities
- Support the preparation and/or facilitation of project kick- off / review and closeout meetings.
- Ensure up to date RAP for DRC TZA/BDI legal entity
- Grants management throughout the Grant cycle that is from Proposal stage to the Closeout stage of the grants.
- Initiate the process of fund request to Donor with regard to Contract agreements and Instalment plan.
- Initiate the process of fund received settlement in system to ensure organization Liquidity (Cash).
- Review milestone payment requests and deliverables to ensure adherence to the grant agreemen
- Creation of opportunity and Grants Card in system this is ongoing for all proposal submitted to Donor we create as opportunity in system and wait for feedback and proceed with further process once approved.
- Preparation of report trackers for different grants under the management of an organization for Burundi and Tanzania.
- Grants’ Instalments managements
- Any other relevant duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least one year of experience working in an INGO
- Familiarity with US and EU donors with special attention to reporting requirements.
Diploma in international relations, development or relevant field or equivalent professional qualification.
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
• Country Director
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for Excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct with DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment
- Basic: I master the essentials, but may at times need help from others
- Advanced: I can work independently at a fully professional level
- Expert: I am the go-to person when others need help.
DRC as an employer
- By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
The deadline for submitting the application is 31 January 2022.
Download our Ajira Yako APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>