Join Our Telegram Group for Daily Job Updates CLICK HERE
Job title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Assistant
Reporting to: Grants Management Manager
Technical line manager: Grants Management Manager
Direct reports: Data Enumerators
Unit/Department: Grants and MEAL
The overall purpose of the role:
• Responsible for conducting Monitoring & Evaluation activities as per work plan
- Conduct data collection activities include:
- Creating and updating monitoring tools in respect to the MEAL Plan
- Coding of questionnaire in ODK/KOBO
- Recruitment, training of enumerators, depending on the needs
- General overseeing of the data collection exercise.
- Making payments to Enumerators after data collection exercises.
- Contribution to the creation of the questionnaire, in coordination with the MEAL Officer and the Grants Management Manager
- Support to the MEAL Officer in the analysis and reporting of findings
- Support the MEAL officer to ensure full compliance with DRC’s Minimum Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Standards in all projects implemented by the DRC Tanzania office
- Support the MEAL Officer to develop sector-specific data collection tools and ensure their proper use by implementing teams. The role holder will ensure all data collected is managed in compliance with donor regulations and DRC polices
- Support the MEAL Officer to facilitate field-level learning events to capture, document and disseminate lessons learned for internal and external purposes;Ensuring the appropriate archiving of all MEAL related documents, data and sources of verification and update the DRC’s monitoring database.
- Support the MEAL Officer to maintain the MEAL events tracker (calendar
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Reporting and information
- Submit weekly and monthly reports to the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer on achievements and challenges related to monitoring
- Protection cases identified and referred in coordination with the protection team
- Produce periodic monitoring reports to ensure programs have accurate and useful data to inform project development
- Participate in the internal evaluation of the program
- Ensure that the activities are compliant with DRC accountability principles
- Support the implementation of DRC’s complaints mechanism
- Coordinates the daily activities of small teams, often comprised of subordinates and/or employees carrying out similar task
- Does not have direct line management responsibility for staff, but may contribute to recruitment and/or performance appraisal of members of the tea
- Implements the manager’s decisions through the work of subordinate employees, often playing a role in deciding how to do it; and how to achieve the objective set by the manager.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 1 year of direct experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Training in quantitative methodologies, including database management.
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning.
- Demonstrated ability and understanding to design, commission, and manage assessment methodologies and techniques such as focus group discussions, key informant interviews, observations to name a few.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data and summarize it for a range of different audiences.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and members, and to build the capacity of others.
- Proven ability to coordinate effective resource allocation to ensure quality programmes.
- Experience in working within budget constraints.
- Experience in qualitative research techniques
- Experience in international development
Diploma in Information Management and Statistics, development or relevant field or equivalent professional qualification.
- Advanced English proficienc
- Fluency in local language
• Country Director
• Data Enumerators
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for Excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct with DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. ”
•Basic: I master the essentials, but may at times need help from others.
•Advanced: I can work independently at a fully professional level.
•Expert: I am the go-to person when others need help.
Safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
The deadline for submitting the application is 31 January 2022.
Download our Ajira Yako APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>