Motor Vehicle Mechanics Rijk Zwaan Tanzania is located in Arusha, Tanzania. Currently with 450+ employees. Rijk Zwaan is an international family company with a people-oriented culture. Rijk Zwaan is right at the start of the food chain. We develop vegetable varieties and sell the seeds produced from them globally
Job Title: Motor Vehicle Mechanics (1 Post)
Reports to: Station Manager
Job Summary: Responsible for inspecting and repairing vehicles, machinery, and light trucks. Oversee maintenance inspections, monitor inventory, assemble mechanical components, and perform repairs.
- Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical components to diagnose issues accurately.
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Conduct routine maintenance and servicing work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts etc) aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity.
- Schedule future maintenance sessions and advice the driver on good vehicle use.
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues (eg. Leaks).
- Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for repair or maintenance job.
- Building and assembling machines or mechanical components according to requirements.
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users.
- Keep logs on work and issues.
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition.
- Understanding of the Company Business. Be a person with integrity.
- Physical and mental fitness.
- Certificate of operating industrial equipment’s, construction and roadbuilding.
- Keen on the cleaning, lubrication and maintenance of the equipment’s
- Able to follow hygiene, health and security processes and instructions
- A problem- solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in an international setting.
- Good knowledge of English (speaking) and Kiswahili (native or fluent)
- Proven experience as mechanics.
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods.
- Ability to handle various tools(e.g. pliers) and heavy equipment (e.g. lift)
- Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals etc.
- Pro-active, inspirational and trustworthy person.
- Work systematically and able to serve internal customers.
- Independent, self-motivated with good communicative skills.
- Possess a driving licence of class C-F.
Education and Experience
- Diploma or Certificate from any recognized Institutions, VETA, DIT, Arusha Technical College etc.
- 3 – 5 years of experience.
Status: Permanent Position.
How to Apply:
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application letter with a detailed CV attached with relevant academic certificates to the following address;
Human Resource Manager
Rijk Zwaaan Q-Sem Ltd
Or at [email protected]
To be considered your application must be received by 15th October 2021. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Join Our Telegram Group for Daily Job Updates CLICK HERE