TAHA is an apex private sector member-based organization mandated to develop and promote horticulture (flowers, fruits, vegetables, spices, herbs and horticultural seeds) in Tanzania. TAHA’s goal is to improve the growth and competitiveness of horticultural industry in the country for social and economic gains. TAHA is a unified voicing platform for Tanzania horticulture, representing farmers at all levels, processors, exporters and service providers in the horticultural industry in Tanzania. TAHA is looking for a motivated and highly experienced individual to fill the following position:
POSITION: PROCUREMENT OFFICER
DUTY STATION: ARUSHA
The Procurement Officer shall work closely with the Procurement Lead to properly manage all of TAHA’s Procurement activities to keep TAHA operations running smoothly, while ensuring TAHA gets value for money, considering time factor.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Work with the Procurement Lead to manage the TAHA procurement process by implementing all policies and procedures related to procurement activities and ensuring that TAHA procurement guidelines are followed in all transactions
- Participate in project technical committees or component team meeting in order to ensure timely implementation progress and a focus on procurement related activities
- Work with the Procurement Lead to identify, design, govern and analyse supply chain policies, processes, standards, methods, systems, controls, and implement changes towards best practice to improve buying or procurement policies and procedures
- Review, compare and analysee products and services to be purchased.
- Negotiate the best deal and competitive price and supply contracts for either increased value or reduced costs
- Maintain and update supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc. Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Maintaining good supplier relations through supplier meetings and performance reviews and negotiating contracts.
- Research, evaluate, Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Prepare budgets, cost analyses, and reports. Estimate and establish cost parameters, pricing and budgets for purchases
- Work with team members, supervisors, and Procurement Lead to develop future purchasing plans and complete duties timely and professionally
- Conduct thorough examination and review of products and supplies to ensure that the products and supplies are high quality
- Collaborate with Finance Department on contracts, invoicing, timely payments, honoring credit terms and other financial matters.
- Determine re order and economic order quantity and timing of deliveries
- Adhere to standard operating procedures for purchasing and monitor the effectiveness of procedures
- Masters the company’s ERP system to produce insightful business analytics to produce management reports to improve buying efficiencies
Complexity of Role:
- Will require strong focus on analytical skills, strategic relationships, creating value and data and analysis; less focus on feelings and instinct. Analysis will be required in Spend analytics, Negotiation, Sourcing and supplier selection, Performance and contract management and Risk management.
- Needs to create the right environment for success against a backdrop of diverse and often conflicting needs and timelines.
- Management of tasks crossing multiple projects or functions.
Qualifications and skills
Degree Level Bachelor’s degree in procurement, supply chain and logistics management or any other related field. Must be a Certified Procurement and Supply Professional (CPSP).
At least 4 years Industry experience required Key Skills Strong communication, Negotiation, Planning & coordination, management, and leadership skills; goal-oriented, flexible, and creative under pressure; strong budgeting, Internet, and computer skills, ability to make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
The successful candidate will be remunerated according the TAHA salary scales, and in alignment with the candidate’s qualifications and professional experience. Other benefits include health insurance for the candidate and his/her dependants (spouse and up to 4 legal children), life insurance, and telephone credit allowance.
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should send their applications enclosing detailed;
- Application letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of qualification certificates
All application should be sent through the below email
Human Resources and Administration Manager
P.O. Box 16520,
Email: [email protected]
Deadline for receiving application is Friday, 08th October, 2021.
Join Our Telegram Group for Daily Job Updates CLICK HERE