Senior Specialist: Margin Accounting At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
Vodacom is a Leading African Mobile communication company providing wider range of communication services including mobile voice, messaging, data and converged services to over 73.6 million customers. From our roots in South Africa, we have grown our mobile network business to include operations in Tanzania, DRC, Mozambique and Lesotho. The mobile networks cover a total population of approximately 200 million people. Through Vodacom Business Africa (VBA) we also offer business managed services to enterprises in over 40 countries across the continent. Vodafone is the majority shareholder of Vodacom and has a 65% share.
We’re at our best when we lead and over the past 20 years, as the Company that pioneered mobile in South Africa, Vodacom has achieved a remarkable list of firsts. We’re immensely proud to be a leader in our field and are 100% committed to continue trailblazing.
We employ individuals who are as passionate about customers as we are. We are truly Customer Obsessed which means that we are passionate about exceeding customer expectations; work relentlessly to really understand the customer; look at decisions through the customer’s eyes and take personal accountability for the customer experience.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring compliance to IFRS across all areas of the business
- Accounting implementation of IFRS across mobile contract revenue
- Accurate accounting for mobile customer revenue in the month-end results
- Preparation of disclosure requirements in terms of IFRS
- Co-ordinate the finalization of the audit including the review of statutory packs on some non-core entities
- Provide support to internal and external customers.
- Manage, improve and develop processes and systems for accounting implementation of IFRS relating to the mobile customer revenue reporting
- Ensure compliance with Sox controls within the Margin accounting area
- Compile and issue of sections in the interim and annual financial statements
- Automation of processes to simplify the Revenue Accounting process and Contract accounting SAP
- Contribution towards the Communities of Paractice (COP): Engagement with Vodafone GroupRelating and Networking
- Persuading and Influencing
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
- Planning and Organising
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Creating and Innovating
- Adapting and Responding to Change
- Moderate Importance
- Coping with Pressures and SetbacksLearning and Researching
- Working with People
- Writing and Reporting
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Leading and Supervising
- International Financial Reporting Standards
- Financial reporting
- Financial systems
- Computer applications
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, especially Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Good working knowledge of Oracle Financials
- Telecommunications background
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Qualified CA (Essential)
- 6-8 years relevant working experience of which can include 3 years articles
- Experience in Financial Reporting
- Experience in preparing Annual Financial Statements
- Excellent knowledge in Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience in SAP and HFM
- Detailed IFRS knowledge is required
- Adhering to Principles and Values
Job Related Skills:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem solving and negotiating skills
- Stress management
- Time management
- Diversity management
- Detailed IFRS knowledge
- Flexibility and problem handling and solving ability
- Should be able to travel
- Stress tolerant
Closing date for Applications: 14 April 2021
The base location for this role is, Midrand, Vodacom Campus
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Vodacom is committed to an organisational culture that recognises, appreciates and values diversity & inclusion.
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Join Our Telegram Group for Daily Job Updates CLICK HERE