Here is the 7-step solution you need to cancel or resolve pending transactions on trust wallet/etherscan. Cancelling, resolving or replacing a transaction that is pending on Ethereum network is not difficult at all.
Get all your pending transactions resolved right away by sending an email to: [email protected]
There are different reasons why a transaction on your crypto (ethereum wallet) could be pending for hours like network congestion. But no nerdy stuff is involved in getting a solution to pending Ethereum transaction, all you need is your wallet.
What Are Pending Transactions?
A transaction is said to be pending when it has not been recorded/completed. For your transaction to be recorded and completed, you have to pay a service or transaction fee, which is know as gas to the miners. These are computers on the network that maintain the blockchain.
Since these miners work for profit, they will add only transactions that make them most profitable; that is transactions with high gas costs. So the miners tend to favor transactions with higher gas price over those with low gas price.
Once you set the gas limit right, you can be sure transaction is confirmed on ethereum blockchain. Etherscan is a good platform to monitor the transactions on any address. It tells you if a transaction has been recorded and when it was recorded or if it is still pending.
What is a Nonce?
A nonce is a number that is used only once. This is in order to prevent double spending — spending the same money twice — Ethereum addresses make use of a nonce. Every address assigns a number to each of its transactions.
This number starts from zero for the first transaction on that address and is incremented by one with each subsequent transaction. This means no two transactions can have the same nonce. Each number is used only once on that address.
Relationship Between Pending Transaction and a Nonce
Since no two transactions can have the same nonce. It is possible to create a new transaction that has the same nonce as the pending transaction. This makes it easy to replace the pending transaction. For this to be possible, a suitable gas fee will have to be paid.
7 Steps to Resolve Pending Transaction on Trust Wallet/Etherscan
- Visit Etherscan.io and input your address in the search box. You will see a list of all your transactions.
- Select the transaction hash of the last successful transaction and take note of its nonce.
- You will also need to find a suitable gas fee, your wallet will handle that for you. Eth-gas-station.info can also give you a suitable fee to be used.
- Open your wallet, select Ethereum, and click “Send”.
- If you want to cancel your transaction, just input your address and enter zero as your send amount. But if you intend to resolve the pending transaction, enter the original address and amount sent in the pending transaction.
- Select “Advanced” and enter the nonce of the last confirmed transaction increased by one, into the nonce space. The settings icon when selected takes you to the advanced options of your transaction on Trust Wallet. Add one to the nonce of the last confirmed transaction and enter in the nonce space
- Save and send your transaction.
Your transaction will appear as confirmed in no time, and the pending transaction will be discarded.
To prevent this from ever happening again, always select suitable gas fees for your transactions. Usually, your wallet will give you a suitable fee, but if you are still uncertain, Eth-gas-station.info will be a good stop. EtherScan will also help you monitor your transaction status. For your confirmed transactions, you can track them by sending an email to: [email protected]