The Robert and Christine Danizger Scholarship is awarded to very good up-and-coming doctoral students from Africa (primarily from Ghana or another country in West and Central Africa) who are planning a doctorate at Heidelberg University in the fields of Geoinformatics (or Political Science) and who need help with funding their doctorate.
Application Deadline: 15th July, 2021
About the Award: “Many years of friendship and cooperation connect us to Ghana and, more recently, to other parts of West and Central Africa as well. With the scholarship, we want to support talented young people from African countries wishing to come to Heidelberg University to start and successfully complete a Master’s degree or a doctorate. Where financial resources are limited, a scholarship can be crucial. Programs of study in the fields of Geography, Political Science and Sociology are particularly important to us.” – Christine and Robert Danziger
Eligibility: You can apply for a Robert and Christina Danziger Scholarship if
- You are a very good up-and-coming student from Africa (primarily from Ghana or another country in West and Central Africa), you have performed very well in your studies and are planning to apply for a Master’s programme at Heidelberg University in one of the following fields:
- Geography with a focus on Geoinformatics
- Political Science
- You are planning to move to Germany for a doctorate at Heidelberg University, on site, or you already live in Germany since you are currently attending a language course to acquire the required language skills.
- You need help with funding your doctorate.
Eligible Countries: Ghana and other countries in West and Central Africa
To be Taken at (Country): Germany
German Institute for Global and Area Studies (GIGA) Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2021
Deadline Extended: Government of Mauritius Africa Scholarships 2021/2022 for African Students
African Union Agenda 2063 Women’s Photojournalism Award 2021 for African Female Journalists
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The amount of the scholarship for doctoral students is 1,200 € per month.
Duration of Award: The award period is generally 2 semesters. An extension is possible on request and if all requirements are met (academic performance, financial hardship, availability of funds) for a maximum period of 2 semesters.
How to Apply: Please send your application documents by email to [email protected].
Please submit the following application documents during the application period:
- Signed application form
- Current performance records: University diploma that qualifies for a doctorate (original certificate) including the final grade as well as an official translation in German or English and if available, an official conversion of the diploma to the German grading system.
If your university diploma is not available by the end of the application period, it is sufficient to submit a provisional certificate from the university confirming your academic performances, so far (ideally with a grade of all examinations, so far), that states that you expect to complete your course of study by the start of the semester following the application period. Please note that you have to submit your missing certificate by the start of the lecture period.
- Confirmation of acceptance of the doctorate (ps: currently either Prof. Zipf or Prof. Höfle can accept PhD students in Geoinformatics at Heidelberg University)
- Curriculum vitae in table form
- Letter of motivation with reference to the topic of the doctorate
- Recommendation letter from a university instructor in the specific field
- Proof of citizenship
- Self-disclosure of revenue and expenditure (part of the application form)
- Evidence confirming the financial situation (pay slip of the parents, own wage slips etc.)
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.