Teddy Mafia: Alleged hit on family members caught on camera
Mafia was brutally murdered by his enemies at the start of the year, and the alleged gang boss and drugs kingpin has left behind a mountain of baggage for the… ‘family business’. Despite being dead for over nine months, figures in the criminal underworld are still targeting the relatives of Teddy – whose real name was Yaganathan Pillay.
Here’s what we have had confirmed so far:
- The victim is understood to be Kesevan Naidoo – the son-in-law of Teddy Mafia.
- Naidoo has survived the attack, it has been reported, but did suffer bullet wounds to both legs.
- According to TimesLive, his driver suffered a gunshot wound to the hand, and he also is in a non-fatal condition.
- The incident took place just after 10:00 on Wednesday.
- It was initially reported as a ‘drive-by shooting’, but it’s apparent this was an attempted gangland hit.
Police on the scene of a drive-by shooting in #Shallcross, #Durban. It’s alleged that two men were shot this morning and have been transported to a nearby hospital for further medical treatment. #sabcnews
— Newsbreak (@Newsbreak_Lotus) October 13, 2021
Watch: Late alleged gangster’s son-in-low survives hit
Video footage of the apparent hit is, for the lack of a better word, insane. As the gang approaches their target, all of them draw their weapons, and it looks like a bloody death is now a formality for the people inside the vehicle.
After the first shot is fired, the driver pulls off some instinctive maneuvers to get out of harm’s way – almost running down one of the suspected hitmen. The car, containing Teddy Mafia’s son-in-law, then speeds away into the distance.
- You can watch the abject chaos unfold here:
— Yusuf Abramjee (@Abramjee) October 13, 2021