The Sawiris Foundation for Social Development is proud to launch the fourth round of the fully funded Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Masters Scholarship Program for candidates seeking the degree of Masters of Development Practice (MDP) from the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, USA.
Application Deadline: 14th October, 2021 at 5.00 p.m. (Cairo Local Time).
Eligible Countries: Egypt
To be taken at (country): University of Minnesota, USA
About the Award: The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Masters Scholarship is a fully-funded program for students seeking to earn a Master’s Degree in Development Practice (MDP) from the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, USA.
Field of Study: Master’s of Development Practice (MDP)
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Masters Scholarship:
Microsoft 4Afrika Paid Internships 2021 for Young African Graduates
University of Birmingham Global Masters Scholarship 2021/2022 for International Students
University of Kent LLM Global Welcome Scholarship 2021/2022 for Developing Countries’ Students – UK
- Egyptian national
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well reputed academic institution in a related field of study
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program
- Demonstrate excellent professional and academic track record
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills (extracurricular activities/community work/entrepreneurial initiative)
- Demonstrate inability to finance studies from own resources
- While no specific experience or academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS exam scores with a minimum of 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based), 100 (internet-based, minimum 22 on each section) on the TOEFL, or 7 for the IELTS.
- A valid Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score is required. No specific score is required, however, Fall 2018 admitted students tested within average GRE Verbal Reasoning Percentile: 59% and average GRE Quantitative Reasoning Percentile: 43%
- A valid Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score is required. No specific score is required, however, Fall 2015 admitted students tested within average GRE Verbal Reasoning Percentile: 68% and average GRE Quantitative Reasoning Percentile: 54%
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship will cover full tuition, living expenses, travel and health insurance.
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of course
How to Apply: An interested applicant should open the application and fill in all the required fields, then mail your hard copy application, and required documents to Newton Education Services.
Important Notes: Please note that the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Masters Scholarship candidates must apply to, and be accepted at, the Masters of Development Practice (MDP) program at the Hubert H. Humphrey
School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, USA, independently from this scholarship application. Being shortlisted for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship does not guarantee acceptance at the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota.